Thursday, March 4, 2010

My Light/Dream


As a child, my light would shine in my soul, in my heart, and in my mind pushing me to fight... to fight to keep a hold of it. My light gave me hope and made me who i wanted to be. Somewhere along the way the light has faded although is still present. Present, not enough for hope, but only enough to taunt me. This light, its who i am what I'm supposed to be yet discouragement and failure overwhelm its hopeful shine creating a blinding wicked glare. I know I've got to fight... like i did as a child with a dream. Even if my light never reaches its purpose that it has made so defiantly clear, it will never go away. Always glaring... even when my clock is turning its final corner and my bones are thinned to pieces... my dream will glare and glare and glare... until it gets to shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment