Tuesday, March 2, 2010

For Good

I was brought to absolute tears today in choir. We started to rehearse the song we are singing for graduation (For Good form Wicked). As the song started the beautiful melody the piano so gracefully gave was enough to bring me to tears until we started to sing the words to the song.

Now, to give you a little background relevant to my emotions. This little town i live in is the most beautiful place ive ever lived. Half the population would disagree but its not the physical beauty but the peace i have found with the amazing people in it, the short walks i can take to anywhere here, and the self significant runs i take through these streets. I have a church here giving me the amazing family i always wished i had with so many people who have changed my life. Lastly, I have my school here with more amazing freinds and teachers who have changed my life aswell. Im happy here. Finally, happy somewhere. It just so happens that as Im happy here I am moving to another state in 4-5 months. This upsets me greatly.

back to choir...
As we started to sing the words to the song my vocal chords locked up and tears started to poor from my eyes.

these are the lyrics to the song...

"I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...
Because I knew you...
I have been changed for good..."

These words are as if strait from my heart for sooo many people in my life that wont be for much longer. Each person who has walked into my life was put there for a reason that i see so clearly. These people i see everyday that i hug, talk to, laugh with, cry with, show and keep me who i am and renew this smile day to day. It hurts so much that it wont be like this for much longer but as i said each one was brought here for a reason.

This change is scary and is tearing me apart but just as these people in my life now have walked into it here... God will bring others into my life where I'm going for just as divine a reasoning. Change is scary but beautiful as well. The truth of change is so bitter sweet. Although it is the end... its also the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment